DC Power Protection
ERITECH System 2000 Lightning Protection System
ERICO offers the ERITECH System 2000 series of air terminals, down-conductors and fittings in accordance with National and International Standards such as Australian-AS1768, British-BS6651, Singaporean-CP33, European-IEC and USA-NFPA780.
- Based on conventional design principles rolling sphere, cone of protection and mesh method, as found in AS1768, BS6651, IEC, CP33 and NFPA 780
- Computer-aided design optimizes the location of air terminals providing the most effective lightning protection coverage
- Precision manufacturing ensures easy assembly and installation
- UL Master Label System for NPFA components
- Wide range of air terminals, bases, conductors, connectors and fasteners
- Air termination components and fittings are available in copper and copper and aluminum alloys
- Down-conductors are available as smooth weave or stranded construction, as well as copper, tinned copper and aluminium flat tapes
The online ERITECH® Lightning Protection Calculator is now available for use!
The online calculator is designed to aid customers in selecting various ERITECH® Lightning Protection products, build a Bill of Materials, request a quotation and view individual product specifications.
To access the calculator, click here.
|System 2000||Lightning Protection Preferred Product List|
ERITECH System 3000 Enhanced Protection System
With almost two decades of successful field application, the ERITECH® System 3000 was enhanced in 2003 with an optimized DYNASPHERE air terminal, ERICORE cable system and supporting design software for a greater protection. level.
These advancements are a result of research, involving long-term field studies, laboratory testing using some of the largest outdoor test laboratories, and many research study programs including joint ventures with accomplished scientists in the field, resulting in some of the most up to date published technical papers and journals.
The ERITECH System 3000 has evolved from this research activity, with earlier versions of the System 3000 providing a building block for the latest advancements through extensive field studies, leading edge indoor and outdoor high voltage testing and supported by computer modeling research.
ERICO is involved in the lightning protection industry in many countries around the world and hence acknowledges the diverse protection methods that exist today.
The ERITECH System 3000 integrated direct strike protection system provides protection for structures, buildings and their occupants against the effects of direct lightning strikes.
• Advanced lightning system based on latest lightning research and technology
• Location of air terminal(s) on structure is determined using LPSD, ERICO’s proprietary Lightning Protection System Designer package.
• Collection Volume design principle used by LPSD resulting in the most effective lightning protection coverage.
• Economical and easy to install
ERITECH System 3000
• ERITECH DYNASPHERE Air Terminal – non-radioactive terminal manufactured from high quality, non-corrosive materials
• ERITECH ERICORE Downconductor – purpose-designed shielded down-conductor reduces the risk of side-flashing and safely conducts lightning energy to ground
• Grounding System – purpose-designed low-impedance system to safely disperse lightning energy
• Lightning Event Counter – automatically registers lightning strikes, thus proving the efficiency of your system
• The System 3000 can be used wherever there is the possibility of direct lightning strikes that may affect valuable equipment and/or facilities
• These include communications towers, television stations, oil/gas platforms, high rise buildings, schools, hospitals, factories, and explosive/volatile fuels storage areas
• Applications that require area protection or that would benefit from the application of an isolated protection system would benefit in particular using the ERITECH System 3000.
How the ERITECH® D/SMKIV-SS DYNASPHERE Works
Modern research and recording methods have led to a better understanding of the lightning discharge process, and various breakthroughs have been achieved in the simulation of lightning electric-field conditions. ERICO has been one of the leaders in this field of research, employing a combination of computer modeling, field studies, natural and rocket triggered testing and HV laboratory testing techniques. A number of technical research papers have resulted from this work.
The DYNASPHERE has been designed to meet all of the criteria necessary for the controlled emission of a streamer. The concept of controlled is important because it is not effective to launch a streamer too early – the ambient field will not be large enough to convert the streamer to a leader and so the streamer will cease to propagate.
The characteristics of an optimum air terminal are:
• Minimal pre-strike corona / space charge
• Streamers released only when the ambient electric field can sustain leader initiation and propagation
|System 3000 LPS|
|S3000Brochure||Systems 3000 sales brochure|
|Fibreglass Reinforced Plastic masts|
|2.0 FRP.TIF||2 Mtr FRP Mast Technical drawing|
|4.6 FRP.TIF||4.6 Mtr FRP Mast Technical Drawing|
|4MTRMAST.TIF||4 Mtr Alum Mast Technical Drawing|
|4MTRMASTBASE.TIF||4 Mtr Alum Mast and Base Technical Drawing|
|5MTRMAST.TIF||5 Mtr Alum Mast Technical Drawing|
|5MTRMASTBASE.TIF||5 Mtr Alum Mast and Base Technical Drawing|
|6MTRMAST.TIF||6 Mtr Alum Mast Technical Drawing|
|6MTRMASTBASE.TIF||6 Mtr Alum Mast and Base Technical Drawing|
|ERITECH System 3000 Installation||System 3000 Manual|
|ERITECH System 3000 Lower Termination Installation||Lower Termination details|
|ERITECH System 3000 Upper Termination Installation||Upper Termination details|