In this type of system, the battery charger, inverter and source selection switch are usually replaced by a single Inverter/DC converter component. This Inverter/DC converter charges the battery, and also converts DC current back to regulated AC for voltage output to connected loads.
The inverter/DC converter regulates the output voltage through a Buck/Boost regulator which can supply additional power during voltage sags/brownouts. The main advantage of Line Interactive systems is that the inverter/DC converter unit is always present at the output, which gives a very fast response time to a power failure.
The line-interactive UPS provides a far superior level of protection over the Standby UPS equipment, although does not provide the isolation, regulation and “”no break” output as is provided by an Online UPS.
Powerware 5115 UPS
The Powerware 5115 UPS offers excellent backup power protection and power quality management for PCs, small-office-home-office (SOHO) equipment, NT workstations, and small internet-working devices.
Delivering basic surge protection and backup power, the Powerware 5115 additionally offers the best UPS power protection against five of the nine common power quality problems.
Features & Benefits:
- High performance protection – software suite bundled
- Double battery service life and gives you advanced warning of the end of useful battery life with Advanced Battery Management (ABM) technology
- Hot-swappable user replaceable batteries
- Delivers smooth, continuous power with pure sine wave output
- Australian output sockets eliminate messy adaptors – Standard USB and RS232 serial ports extend communication capacity
Powerware 5125 UPS
The Powerware 5125 Tower UPS provides advanced backup power and power quality management for PCs, workstations, and servers. Delivering basic surge protection and backup power, the Powerware 5125 UPS additionally offers the best UPS power protection against five of the nine common power quality problems.
Tower configurations only, the Powerware 5125 power protection solution is the most flexible UPS system in the 1-2.2 kVA power range.
Features & Benefits:
• ABM® UPS battery management system doubles service life and notifies user of the need for UPS battery replacement
• Extended Battery Modules (EBMs) increase UPS battery runtime capability
• Software suite bundled
• Load segments allow scheduled shutdown of non-critical loads
• Multiple Australian outlets for ease of connection