The Wxline Equipment Indoor Bulkhead (WxEIB) provides electrical and environmental protection for the Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver and WAVE Transmitter.
The WxEIB consists of a fiberglass enclosure with a clear viewing window so as to allow the user to view the status indications of the internal Strike Guard components without opening the WxEIB.
The WxEIB is fully factory assembled to allow for uniform field installations that protects the equipment to ensure many years of trouble-free operation.
The Strike Guard, WAVE components, and surge arresters are bonded via the metal mounting plate to keep all devices at equal electrical potential.
The use of RF and AC- surge suppressors protects Strike Guard and WAVE equipment from lightning surge currents and over-voltages. The AC surge arrester includes a status LED to indicate a normal or fail condition.
• Simplified field installation
• Best-practices lightning protection for Wxline components
• External antenna mount and external power connection
• Liquid-tight connectors for fiber cable in/out penetrations
• Attractive enclosure with clear viewing window
• Simple, user-friendly mounting scheme
• Solar-power option for WxEIB for remote base-station operation
Enclosure: NEMA 4X fiberglass with clear viewing window
Size: 51 cm X 41 cm X 20 cm
WEIGHT: 13.61 Kg
Electrical Protection: 240 VAC surge arrester
RF Protection: RF surge arrester
Power Supply: DIN rail mounted. Input: 100-240 VAC 1.8A; Output: 15V 4.0A
Safety Approvals: UL, TUV, CE
Connections: Coaxial antenna cable and fiber-optic cable in/out to equipment
Ground: Ground lug for #6 ground wire