Download Product Brochure here https://www.wxline.com/CAPBRemote.pdf
Automatic wireless remote power-disconnect features a WAVE Sequencer (included) with three programmable 12 VDC relay control outputs, and fully-assembled and tested relay isolation bank to manage power source disconnection and reconnection for protection of power source facilities & irrigation satellites during local thunderstorms.
Includes AC over-current protection, AC power secondary surge suppressors on incoming and outgoing AC power lines and RF surge suppressors – designed and completely pre-assembled and tested as a lightning protection bulkhead with metal-enclosed switchgear. Add STROBE-CAPB for visual indication of sequence off condition.
Irrigation Satellite and Power Source Active Lightning Protection
The CAPB – Remote is designed for use with the Strike Guard Lightning Warning System to protect an AC power source for irrigation satellites and associated electrical equipment from lightning surge currents that appear on buried irrigation cables during local thunderstorms by the use of:
• high-speed AC power secondary surge arresters across all field power conductors
• automatic opening of all field wiring connections to the host AC power source
• automatic grounding of all field wiring The CAPB – Remote also protects irrigation satellites during local thunderstorms by turning off AC power and reducing the exposure of irrigation satellites to lightning damage and upset.
The CAPB – Remote automatically returns the power sources and satellites to normal operation when the thunderstorm threat passes.
The CAPB – Remote combines automatic electrical disconnection with AC power secondary surge arresters on the line and load side to maximize the protection of the host AC power source during local thunderstorms.
By intervening between lightning energized field wiring and AC power/control infrastructure systems, the CAPB -Remote protects golf course infrastructure, maximizes uptime, and minimizes repair costs. Conventional electromechanical circuit breakers interrupt fault currents on the load side of the CAPB – Remote and also serve to interrupt line current into failed secondary surge arresters.
The CAPB – Remote comes as a completely assembled and tested wall-mount unit requiring only input (line) mains power (240 VAC split phase) to be installed by a licensed electrician, and output (load) AC power connections to be
made by an irrigation technician. The CAPB – Remote can be ordered for power sources that supply either 120 or 240 VAC to irrigation satellites.
The CAPB – Remote is comprised of four interconnected electrical enclosures mounted on a common finished panel:
• WAVE Sequencer Enclosure
• Circuit Breaker Enclosure Distribution Panel
• Relay and Power Supply Enclosure
• Field Wiring Terminal Block Enclosure
The CAPB – Remote includes an integral WAVE Sequencer, packaged in a fiberglass weather enclosure. All AC equipment and switch gear are packaged in steel enclosures for arc-flash protection.
The CAPB – Remote requires either local Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver direct connection, or RF signaling from a WAVE Transmitter actuated by a Strike Guard Lightning Warning System, or manual activation.
CAPB – REMOTE DELIVERS:
• All Wxline and active/passive lightning protection components fully assembled, tested and ready for customer input and output AC power connections
• Best-engineering-practice conventional passive lightning surge protection methods with active protection by isolation
• Advanced and comprehensive active lightning protection including automatic disconnection (isolation), automatic grounding of field conductors and automatic AC power shut-down
• Properly engineered (NEC compliant) panel for greatly simplified installation
• Optional high-intensity strobe indicates sequence on/off condition
• Shielding, cable-routing, cable dressing and metal-enclosed switch-gear to minimize flashover risk and for arc-flash protection
• Attractive enclosure with large-area viewing window
• Rugged professional grade, complete assembly
INSTALLATION: Wall-mountable, 36 inches tall x 32 inches wide x 7.5 inches deep finished panel
ENCLOSURE: WAVE Sequencer NEMA 4X molded fiberglass. AC wiring and all switch gear in steel enclosures
WAVE SEQUENCER BATTERIES: 6 v, 3.5 AHr, sealed gel cell; lead-acid
COMMUNICATION & CONTROL INPUT: Strike Guard Lightning Data Receiver direct connect or WAVE Transmitter RF signal, 10 W, 27.255 MHz, -115 dBm sensitivity (or better)
OUTPUT CONTROL: Sequence delays between outputs via DIP switch programming
STATUS INDICATION: Power on/off, failure, control output, sequence on/off
RF PROTECTION: PolyPhaser® rated up to 2 kW protection between 1.5 to 50 MHz
SURGE PROTECTION: Sycom Clamping level 150/300 V for 120/240 VAC, <5 nanosecond response time
SEQUENCER RELAYS: Omron MY2IN 12 VDC coil voltage, 10 Amp at 250 VAC contact rating
INPUT POWER: 240 VAC, split phase
OUTPUT POWER: 120 or 240 VAC, 3 protected field wire paths
AC/DC POWER SUPPLY: In-line switching power supply, 100-240 VAC input, 50/60 Hz, UL, VDE, FCC, CSA, CE.
WAVE TRANSMITTER RANGE: 2 mile radius with standard antenna
ANTENNA: Standard 3 ft monopole antenna, 25 ft coaxial cable
APPLICATION: Lightning protection of AC power sources and satellites in large irrigation systems